Saturday, July 28, 2007

Spilling Issues


I have realized that I actually miss something from my old apartment that i'd never thought i'd miss.

Black berber carpet. Ugly laminate floors.

Why? Because, no matter what you did, either nothing showed on the carpet or you could just wipe it off the old asbestos laminate floors.

Now, although i've only lived here not quite two months (and have only actually been here for about half of that time) i've already spilled 3 cups of coffee, one cup of tea and one margarita on my light beige living room carpet. And heck, with the enormous sofas there isn't much carpet to be seen! And although i've scrubbed and Dan has scrubbed (twice when he's come over now i've been on my hands and knees scrubbing carpet), although I bought "mean green" cleaner and used it generously, although I wished the marks away... they're still there.

So, i'll have to ask a friend with a steam cleaner if I can borrow the only machine that might make my carpet clean again.

Hmm... interesting spiritual lessons out of this? (Don't you love how I have to do that?) No matter what I do, I can't get myself - or my own carpets - clean enough. I have to ask someone else to help. I need a Savior. I can move furniture to hide stains, but they're still there. I try to clean myself up, but "I do what I don't want to do, and what I want to do I don't do", like Paul said.

I'm grateful to know a Savior who has cleansed me... and who leaves no stains - none at all. Everything that is forgiven is forgotten. It's done. It's over. No more judgement. Nothing. Nada. Pitched into the deepest part of the ocean. Completely over.

I'm also grateful to have a friend with a steam cleaner. I'll soon have her on speed dial.

And perhaps I should invest in a couple of spill-proof cups.

No comments: