Monday, December 17, 2007

Un-Fortune Cookies


Okay - I confess. I love fortune cookies.

I can't eat them, but I can't wait to break open the crispy little creatures and see what they're going to tell me. But really, the fortunes are dumb, aren't they?

Today's fortunes:

"We would often be sorry if our wishes came true."
"It is quality rather than quantity that matters. Do a good job."

I feel ripped off! Those aren't fortunes at all! Grrr... Wings 'unfortune' cookies! Who thinks of these things?!

According to Wikipedia: The Fortune Cookie is a crisp cookie made from flour, sugar, butter, vanilla, and milk which is baked around a fortune, a piece of paper with words of faux wisdom or vague prophecy. ... Despite conventional wisdom, the cookies were invented in California.
Ahhh... they're from California. No wonder they're bizarre and don't make too much sense! :)

1 comment:

Colleen Coble said...

Ahhh... they're from California. No wonder they're bizarre and don't make too much sense! :)

This is such a true statement I had to laugh out loud!