Saturday, February 24, 2007

Saying Yes to God



I recently had to review a book for work, and found myself totally engrossed in the content. It hit me where i'm at (perhaps this is due to giving up complaining for Lent?), but anyhow, I thought i'd post a quote from the book here. It is from "What Happens When Women Say Yes to God" by Lysa TerKeurst.


“How many times have I told you no, God? How many times because I was too tired, too insecure, too uncertain, too busy or too selfish have I walked right past your divine appointment for me and missed experiencing You? Please forgive me for all those noes. Right now I say yes, Lord. I say yes before I even know what you might ask me to do. I simply want you to see a yes-heart in me.”

Yes, Lord. I want your patience to invade my desire to fly off the handle. Yes, Lord. I want your perspective to keep my emotions in check. Yes, Lord. I want your provision so things don’t seem so overwhelming. Yes, Lord. I want your courage to do what You’re calling me to do. Yes, Lord. I want and need more of You in every moment.”


Right now I need God to invade those places, and I need to learn to say Yes to Him. I need a holy attitude adjustment - and to trust Him. I need to trust that He's doing the right thing by me, and that He is good in all that He does. He is trustworthy, and has proven Himself as such - but I have such a human issue with authority - I don't want anyone to be 'the boss of me'. May I submit to allowing the creator of me to be the boss of me.

No comments: