Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Lunch With Jesus

This job definitely has some perks.
Even though I missed seeing John Cusack once in Chicago (Brad!), I had lunch with Jesus yesterday.
I also had lunch with the Count of Monte Cristo.

Well, kind of.

Most famous for playing Jesus in Mel Gibson's film The Passion of the Christ , Jim Caviezel joined us at the meetings i'm at in Nashville, and it was cool to see him in person. I had my photo taken with him, so will post evidence (eventually) but basically it was just a cool experience. He shared about his faith, brought his best friend with him and shared about his passion (pardon the pun) for his new project - The Word of Promise dramatized audio Bible (which sounds amazing, I have to say, and features other awesome voices like Marisa Tomei, Richard Dreyfuss and Lou Gossett Jr.). And I'm actually a fan, not just a bandwagon jumper - even own the VHS of a little known film called Angel Eyes starring Jim and Jennifer Lopez (it's sick, but i'm a JLo movie fan - although i've never stooped to watch Gigli).

So there you go. A brush with Hollywood, in Nashville, at an unlikely place - a Christian publisher's sales conference. And I liked the guy - he did an hilarious impersonation of Mel Gibson (apparently a chain smoker) and shared a little of his painful experiences filming The Passion. I'm looking forward to being able to promote The Word of Promise.

1 comment:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Stumbled upon your blog. That's so cool that you got to meet Jim Caveizel! "The Count of Monte Cristo" is one of my favorite movies.

I also enjoyed "Passion", it was more of an "experience", something you only watch once.