Monday, August 27, 2007

REALLY Eating Royally


Okay, so more payback for my not-so-good week? Well, tonight I got the chance to dine at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Turns out, one of the benefits of touring with a famous chef is fabulous food and remarkable service. Good thing that it doesn't happen very often, or i'd have to buy a whole new larger wardrobe (or some really stretchy pants recommended by Julie Barnhill).

Anyhow, we just enjoyed one of the best meals i've had in a long time.

Oh. My. Word.

The chef, Jess, was fantastic. This afternoon he allowed us to take over his kitchen for a short while in order to shoot some film for an eTalk Daily interview, and then he invited us back for dinner.
The Ahi Tuna appetizer was delicious. The steak was absolutely incredible (and who knew you could cook ANYTHING at 1800 degrees?). The asparagus perfectly al dente. The creme brulee was PERFECT (and my favorite dessert), although Darren wouldn't allow me to lick the spoon or bowl (apparently it's not a compliment to the chef - could've fooled me!). And I topped off my perfectly round meal (and belly) with a decaf Americano that beat Starbucks hands down (and you KNOW that point is hard for me to surrender).

So, I guess the diet starts tomorrow... after lunch with Darren, of course. As one friend said to me once "I can almost hear myself getting fatter". But tonight, I'm smiling like a happy cat.

No comments: