Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Weird Ways to Die

While slightly morbid, I found this site fascinating - 30 Strangest Deaths in History

Plus - it's proof that I have a dangerous job. Someone has actually been killed by a bookcase! Does anyone else think it's odd that her mother didn't find her for 11 days?

Death by Bookcase
Mariesa Weber was reported missing by her family for nearly two weeks before they found her in her bedroom, wedged behind a bookcase.
"I’m sleeping in the same house as her for 11 days, looking for her," her mother, Connie Weber, told the St. Petersburg Times. "And she’s right in the bedroom."
Both Weber and her sister had previously adjusted the television plug by standing on a bureau next to the shelf and leaning over the top. Her family believes Weber, who was 5-foot-3 and barely 100 pounds, may have fallen headfirst into the space.

1 comment:

COrealtor said...

I liked your train of thought, so I've created a list of odd phobias and my advice to anyone suffering from them.
http://ejucatedguy.blogspot.com/